XO Group Inc. — a lifestage media company including The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump brands — seeks a full-time Account Strategist to join our National Sales Team. As an Account Strategist, you will work with our marketing and sales teams to brainstorm ideas, develop strategic brand-centric marketing plans and monitor program performance of amazing revenue-generating multi-platform plans. This role truly serves as the business owner from pre-sale to post-sale initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, detail-obsessed self-starter with a passion for everything digital. The ability to juggle multiple projects and stay calm and collected under pressure must be part of your DNA. You thrive on being part of a collaborative team and will never say the words “It’s not my job”!
Teams at XO Group are very dedicated and excited about what they do – we work hard to maintain that atmosphere. The right candidate will be proactive, smart, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic!
Candidate should have at least 3 years direct experience in a pre-sale to post-sale role within online advertising/media/publishing/agency, with the proven success in managing the following objectives:
Strategic Planning & Development
- Create strategically-sound and detailed digital, mobile and print pricing proposals for agency/client RFPs
- Be an expert on all areas of the sites and be able to make recommendations on placements based on key categories and clients
- Verify inventory availability, lead times, rates and all other pitch elements throughout the sales proposal process
- Relay all buy details accurately to post-sales support teams to facilitate successful execution
- Manage and maintain pipeline adjustments and overall contract administration
- Monitor, manage and protect revenue recognition for the campaigns being managed
- Cultivate, motivate and manage Client relationships
- Work cross-functionally and facilitate distribution of key learning’s
- Understand the varied needs of and specific business objectives/goals of Client
- Retain and renew a significant and consistent Client base
Performance Management & Analytics
- Identify trends and/or issues within data, and be able to make changes and/or recommendations
- Solid understanding of metrics, their calculations and how they drive profitability, ROI, etc.
- Evaluation of monthly reporting & generation of YoY performance
- Manage strategic projects outside day-to-day campaign and client management
- Recommend best practices and process improvements
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative ad units & technologies, and competitive information.
Additional Requirements & Attributes
Proficient in Systems:
- Ad Servers: DART, Eyeblaster, Eyewonder, Pointroll, Atlas
- Contract Management: Fat Tail, Mediavisor, Atlas, Mediabank, iDesk
- Site Analytics: Coremetrics, Google Analytics, etc.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Mathematical & Critical Thinking Skills
- Superior critical thinking skills with the ability to dissect the details and see the big picture of campaigns
- Ability to create and organize pivot tables with large data sets
- Robust media math skills and proficiency with numerical analysis
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity
- Communicate with clarity, logic, conciseness, and relevance with all levels of management
- Experienced leading and retaining order in meetings
- Skilled at delivering good and bad news
- Ensure roles & expectations are understood by everyone and are met/exceeded.
- Ability to calmly handle multiple projects/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to get your hands dirty, do whatever it takes to deliver successful projects
- Be flexible - understanding that things are constantly changing and many are time sensitive.
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative