XO Group Inc. — a lifestage media company including The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump brands —seeks a talented eCommerce Manager to join the team.
This individual will help drive our exciting ecommerce business, working with a high energy, fast moving and innovative team that adapts to the trends of the wedding industry. Generating over 30 million per year in revenue, ecommerce is responsible for fulfilling the needs of brides-providing products such as; wedding favors, gifts, and accessories for their special day-by operating a number of web sites, fulfillment and call centers.
The ideal candidate will be an extremely creative, organized, detail-obsessed, self-starter with a passion for ecommerce and SEO. The ability to juggle multiple projects yet stay calm under pressure must be part of your DNA. Most important is that you thrive on being part of a collaborative team and will never say the words “It’s not my job!”
For everyone at XO Group Inc., a collaborative spirit is a must. Our teams are very dedicated and excited about what they do — and we work hard to maintain that atmosphere. The right candidate for this position will be smart, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a problem solver, a go-getter and above all, a team player.
• 4 years prior ecommerce experience is required.
• Must have an energetic and forward thinking personality.
• Online marketing background – Should be an analytical and disciplined decision maker.
• Strong understanding of open source ecommerce platforms and their latest features is a plus.
• Must be able to learn and excel in propriety and open source ecommerce platforms.
• Should have experience working with a large tech team in PROD, DEV and QA. environments.
• A/B multivariate testing experience is a plus. Be prepared to describe successes and failures.
• Experience working / managing a monthly promotional calendar is preferred.
• Should have experience preserving margin and have implemented strategies to improve.
• Must be an expert in Google Analytics and familiar with common web analytics programs.
• Experience tuning or maintain internal site search algorithms is a plus.
• Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, JS, XML, and various product feeds is a must.
• A computer science degree is not required although the candidate should possess a strong understanding of current web development and best practices.
• Candidate should have had prior on and off page SEO experience – beyond the basics.
• Must be a team player ready to lead and serve a talented ecommerce team.
• Experience with international shipping is a plus.
Why join this team?
• Dive head first into a thriving ecommerce eco system. The ecommerce team at XO group utilizes the latest technologies and is not afraid to retire a product, vendor, or software when the time has come.
• You’ll have an open platform to plan and discuss technical requirements, upgrades, and new functionality with a highly skilled tech team whose main focus is on the ecommerce business.
• Learn and grow in an environment led by veteran ecommerce professionals. Creative thinking, continued learning and calculated risks are welcomed and supported.